Naya Raipur is the upcoming capital city of Chhattisgarh, and also holds the honour of being the first ‘new city’ of the 21st century. It is said to be the world’s first integrated city. It is being built along the lines of Jamshedpur, Bhubaneshwar, Gandhinagar, Chandigarh & Navi Mumbai.
It is located 17 km from Raipur, and is a huge shot-in-the-arm for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to develop smart cities in India & make India a developed nation.
Fascinating Facts about Naya Raipur
- The overall plan of Naya Raipur is based on creating a healthy and eco-friendly environment with a ‘state-of-the-vibrant-art infrastructure’.
- With an estimated population of around 5.6 lakh, the city is expected to generate approximately 2.2 lakh jobs, with an assumed workforce participation rate of 40%.
- All necessary facilities such as the city’s security system, transport system, water works, & electric power, are centrally monitored.
- Round the clock water supply will be provided.
- The water supply system, electric supply, & optical fibre network, are all built underground.
- The city is eco-friendly. With nearly 5 lakh trees already planted the city is 27% green.
- Gardens & playgrounds will be spread across the city & will be linked together via a pedestrian corridor.
- The city is a ‘zero water discharge zone’ which means that all sewage water is recycled & used for various purposes.
- Also, 75.20 km of roads have already been constructed, while 61 km are under construction.
- Three new lakes are being developed & will offer theme parks, which would not only be a major boost to tourism, but would also serve as recreation & leisure spots for residents.
- The city is also an educational hub with IIIT, National Law University, ITM University, & Kalinga University that are currently operational.
- A Central Business District Office Complex is also being developed as a commercial city centre.
- The city houses the ‘Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium’ with a capacity of 50,000 spectators making it the world’s fourth largest cricket stadium in terms of seating capacity.
- 797 acres of land has been set aside for the development of a Jungle Safari.
- The city will also have an 18-hole golf course and golf villas.
Following are some pictures -
Posted On : 26-Jun-2017